Saturday, June 1, 2013

good signs

 
the northern lights - may 31, 2013

i have taken another unplanned blogging break - so much happened in the last couple of months
and i just wasn't "feeling it" when it came to posting anything.  but today i feel blessed with good stuff and am ready to jump back into this inspiring community of friends.

last night as I was getting ready for bed, i saw a strange light from outside our window.  the northern lights were putting on a mesmerizing show, reflecting off the lake as they reached up toward the sky.  if you've ever been lucky enough to witness this event, you know it is better than fireworks.

my nephew, enrico, turns twelve today.  he is such a great kid and i can't believe how quickly the years have flown by since he's been here.

a rock i painted for my friend, KayLynn, is featured as the "little birdie" of the day on the Brave Girls Club daily truth email today.  i am beyond thrilled since i love all the BGC does and stands for.

yesterday was spent with old friends enjoying some gorgeous early summer weather in north idaho.  we are on vacation and i am soaking up every lazy minute of it.

thank you for visiting this space and, if you have been here before, i appreciate you sticking with me even when i disappear from time to time. 



5 comments:

  1. How cool! I've never seen the Northern lights! And congrats on your little shout-out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's good to see you back!

    I would love to see the Northern Lights..round here people pay a lot of money for guided tours to the top of the world just to catch a glimpse

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how long you're absent, I'm always happy to see you return Laurie. You and your blog have such a warm spirit.
    I would love to see the Northern lights.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. If some one wishes expert view concerning blogging then i recommend
    him/her to pay a visit this blog, Keep up the good work.


    My homepage - best cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laurie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete