Sunday, March 31, 2013

well wishes

a friend of mine is recovering from a broken hip so i decided to make him a cheery get well card.


on a half piece of white cardstock i drew first with pencil and then black sharpie marker.  i am still experimenting with different lettering styles, inspired by what i see so many of you do on your projects.


then i used colored pencils to fill in the shapes.  i glued this on a bigger sheet of colored cardstock folded in half and wrote a note inside.  i hope it arrives to find him healing quickly.

i have taken another unintended break from blogging but am ready to rejoin the flowing current of creative goodness that is always happening online.  :-)

7 comments:

  1. I love the your letting style here. And I always love a house with a heart!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your handwriting/font here! (for lack of a better word!) totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Five Rules Of Youtube: Requiem for A Dream Soundtrack is a Must.
    How increasing You - Tube views help you promoting your product with ease.
    My standard response is, "If I find it, I'll post it.

    Feel free to visit my web site :: youtube views adder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear sweet Laurie-Loving your beautiful card and the intention behind it! Your friend is lucky to have you:) And how sweet that you took your niece to Disney! A whole week?? WOW!!!That equals a lot of energy:)
    I also wanted to thank you for the very sweet + supportive comment you left on my blog. I don't feel like a teacher at all...most days I feel like I need a teacher:) Although strangely enough...my very earliest memories are of me wanting to be a teacher:) hugs across the way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it
    can survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!


    My site :: click here

    ReplyDelete